Pan Fried Cod with Jamie's Cheesy Mustard Sauce
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
4 cod fillets (cut large pieces in half)
Some flour for dusting
A little olive oil for frying
Salt and pepper
Simple Cheesy Mustard Sauce (MoF Recipe):
A small bunch flat leaf parsley
3 tsps english mustard
3 tbsp brandy
285 ml single cream
1 handful of grated cheddar/parmesan cheese
Some olive oil
Serve with some wilted spinach and noodles, mashed/boiled potatoes or rice.
[b]Put the oven/grill on low before you start so you can keep the cooked fish warm for a couple of minutes.[/b]
1. Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper then coat lightly with flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Fry in some olive oil. It won't need long..just a couple of minutes(for thicker fillets) each side. Keep warm while you make the sauce.
[i]I actually replaced half the cream with some light creme fraiche and left out the drizzle of olive oil and it made the sauce a bit lighter. Just my personal preference.[/i]
1) Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks.
2) Heat up a couple of tbsps of olive oil in a pan then add the mustard.
3) Add the brandy. You can flame the brandy if you want, to burn off the alcohol quicker.
4) Add most of the parsley and the cream and bring to the boil.
5) Remove from the heat then stir in the cheese and sprinkle with a little extra parsley.
6) Drizzle with olive oil and serve [i]immediately[/i] (sauce will split if left to stand too long !).