Paneer - Indian Homemade Cheese
Added by Arunadevi | Sun 18 Apr 2010 @ 00:26
From paneer you can prepare many other delicious dishes, hope you try it.
1 liter milk ( full cream )
muslin cloth or a fine thin cloth
1. take 1 liter milk in a heavy bottomed vessel.
2. let it boil, now reduce the flame and to the boiling milk add the juice of 1 lemon
3. as soon as u add the lemon juice the milk will immediately split.
4. cook this till the milk is curdled and a pale yellow transparent water is left behind .
( u can add more lemon if required ).
5. keep on stiring occassionaly to avoid sticking of the milk at the bottom of the vessel.
6. now strain this in a fine muslin cloth to separate the water from the curdled milk.
7. hang this cloth for about 1 hour to drain all the excess water.
8. this lump of curdled milk in the cloth is paneer which can be cut into pieces and used in any dish as per requirement .