Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Add one of the eggs and beat the mixture well before adding the next egg.
3. Sieve the flour and baking powder over the creamed mixture then fold in gently with a spoon or spatula.
4. Add the raisins, zests, candied orange peel and the saffron milk and stir through the mixture.
5. Grease a 600ml pudding basin with a little bit of butter then pour in the mixture. The basin should be no more than 2/3's full.
6. Cover the pudding with greaseproof paper, then cover with a small cloth or serviette, using some kitchen string to secure the cloth.
7. Place in a steamer and steam for approx. 1.5 hours. If you don't have a steamer use a large saucepan/casserole (with lid) and fill with 2 inches of water. Place the pudding on an upturned saucer or trivet. If you don't have either, you can also place the pudding basin on a ring of crumpled up aluminium foil. Just make sure that the basin isn't touching the bottom of the pan.
Check the water every now and then to make sure it isn't drying out, adding a little bit more boiling water to the pan if necessary.
8. Serve with a sauce of your choice eg. vanilla custard, rum sauce or even whipped cream flavoured with some lemon/orange zest would work well this pudding.