Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
Fresh Tomato & Basil Sauce
RECIPE : http://www.jamieoliver.com/foodwise/article-view.php?id=1883
1. Prepare the aubergines. Either fry in a non stick pan (adding a little olive oil to the pan with each batch of aubergines) or spray the slices with olive oil and cook on a hot griddle pan till golden. Sprinkle each slice with a little salt and pepper.
2. Chop the basil leaves roughly, leaving 6 - 8 leaves whole for garnishing the last layer.
3. Take a small baking dish, then cover the base with a little of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with some of the cheeses and basil leaves. Cover with a layer of aubergines.
4. Repeat the layers twice, finishing with a layer of tomato sauce, parmesan and whole basil leaves.
5. Bake in the oven at 200C for approx 25-30 mins. Allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting.
This is lovely as a side dish, or as part of an antipasti platter.