Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1.Combine the milk,chopped onion,parsley stalks,bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
2. Take the pan off the heat and set it aside for about 20 mins to allow flavours to develop. Strain the milk through a fine sieve.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan (medium heat). Add the flour bit by bit, stirring all the time. Keep stirring the mixture for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
4.Now start to add the strained milk, bit by bit, whisking with a balloon whisk to keep the sauce nice and smooth.
5. Place the saucepan over a medium heat and let the sauce cook for a further 5 minutes or so, stirring all the time, till the bechamel is smooth and glossy.
6. When ready, season with salt, white pepper and a little grated nutmeg.
7. Preheat the oven to 200C. In a large frying pan, heat a little olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and peppers till soft and lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside for now.
8. Add the minced beef to the pan and fry over a medium heat till browned. Turn off the heat and return the pepper and onions to the pan and mix well.
9. Grease a lasagna dish (or similar) with a little olive oil. Spoon a little of the mixture onto the base then sprinkle with a little of the cheese and the chopped herbs. Top with a layer of pasta, drizzled with a little of the bechamel sauce.
10. Repeat, ending with a layer of pasta, sauce & cheese.
11. Bake at 200C for approx 35-40mins.