Pasta Salad with Marinated Vegetables
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 11 Apr 2009 @ 23:52
250g pasta shapes
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 zucchini, cut into cubes
8 stalks of green asparagus , cut into 2inch pieces
8 baby roma tomatoes, halved
8-10 extra large capers
1 large handful EACH of chopped chives and basil
1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
A little olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
approx 1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tbsp of lightly flavoured vinegar (whichever sort you prefer)
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Salt and pepper to season
1. First, prepare the vegetables. Add a dash of olive oil to a medium frying pan and fry the asparagus for a few minutes, till slightly browned but still crunchy. Place in a large salad bowl.
2. Fry the peppers in the pan over a medium heat,(adding another dash of oil) till soft. Add to the salad bowl.
3. Fry the zucchini over a high heat, till browned but not too soft. Add to the salad bowl.
4. Add the tomatoes to the pan fry quickly over a high heat till the tomatoes just begin to soften a little. Add to the salad bowl.
5. Now add the capers and herbs to the bowl . Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the prepared vegetables.
6. Allow to marinade in the fridge for about 1 hour.
7. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and drain.
8. Add the still hot pasta to the marinated vegetables and mix well.
9. Return to the fridge to allow the flavours to blend for at least 1 hour before serving.