Pasta with Beef, Bacon and Chilli
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
200-250g pasta (eg.fusilli,lasagnette,tagliatelle)
3 rashers of streaky bacon (riind removed and chopped)
100g minced beef
1 small onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 red chilli (sliced)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. For the sauce: Heat up the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic till soft. 2. Add the chopped bacon and fry till lightly browned.
3) Now add the minced beef and continue frying till the mince is cooked .
4) Add the chilli, tomato puree and the tinned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Let the sauce cook gently for about 20 mins,stirring often.
5) In the meantime cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
6) When ready, take the cooked pasta and mix it into the hot sauce, making sure the pasta is well coated.
Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan:)