Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 04 Mar 2009 @ 15:02
This quicker version of Pasta con Lenticchie uses Spanish Pardina lentils which don\'t require overnight soaking or cooking before being added to the vegetables.
approx 300g short cut pasta
200g Pardina lentils
3 heaped tbsp of \'soffrito\'veg (see link below)
1 clove of garlic
1 med tomato, finely chopped
about 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
3- 4 tbsp olive oil
about 3 cupfuls of water
Salt and black pepper to season
1. Using a large pan, heat the olive oil and fry the \'soffrito\' vegetables and chopped garlic till soft but not browned.
2. Add the chopped tomato and fry for a further minute or so.
3. Add the chopped rosemary and the lentils. Finally, add the water then cover and cook for 20-25mins, till lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper.(Keep an eye on them and check occasionally to make sure the lentils don\'t dry out too much, adding a little more water if necessary).
4. In the meantime cook your pasta and drain.
5. Just before serving mix the hot lentils into the pasta and serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil.