Penne with Broccoli
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 18 Jul 2009 @ 13:33
1 head of broccoli (cut florets into slices)
1-2 chillis, finely sliced
2 large cloves of garlic, sliced
Salt and a little black pepper
Handful of Parmesan, Pecorino or Asiago cheese
1. Heat a large frying a pan and sprinkle the base with some olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and chilli and fry over a gentle heat for about 1 minute (don\'t let it brown).
2.Add the sliced broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Fry very gently for a few minutes then add just a little bit of water to the pan and continue cooking over a low heat, stirring it regularly.
3. Whilst the broccoli is cooking, prepare the pasta as per packet instructions.
4. Once the water has almost evaporated, add another few tbsps and continue braising the broccoli gently till the pasta is ready.
5. Drain the pasta reserving a ladleful of the cooking water.
6. Add the drained pasta to the broccoli along with the reserved water and the handful of parmesan cheese.
7. Toss the pan to coat the pasta then serve straight away with a little extra cheese, if you wish.