Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
I usually serve this as a side dish or on crostini but it also makes a good main meal, topped with a fried egg.
2. Fry gently for approx. 10 mins till onions are soft but not browned. Add the garlic to the pan and continuing frying for another 3 mins or so. Remove the garlic from the pan and discard.
3. Add the sliced peppers to the pan and cook over a gentle heat for approx.10mins, stirring it regularly.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes ( with juice) to the pan along with some salt and pepper. Cover and simmer gently till peppers are very soft. Check them every now and then to make sure they're not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
5. Once they're almost done, add the chopped basil to the pan and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.