Added by kye in france | Wed 16 Feb 2011 @ 10:33
The origine is probably Russia, its almost like French Brioche but so much lighter as there is less butter and sugar.
It\'s really important to firmly close the edges while working the pastry, otherwise it will all undo while cooking.
Dough for about 8 pliouchki:
125 g butter
20 cl of milk
20 g blond/golden sugar
5 g of salt (= 1 cc)
20-25 g of yeast
500 g flour T 65
Dissolve the yeast in a little warm milk.
Mix flour with sugar and salt. Stir the yeast, egg, milk, and knead the dough well, then add the butter gradually, continuing to knead.
Let rise 1 hour warm in a bowl covered with a film.
As in all brioches, work the pastry to get rid of the air and then let rise again 1 hour.
Prepare 2 plates:
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons sugar blonde
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons blond sugar
- Take a piece of dough the size of a large egg, flatten between your hands.
- Then roll with a rolling pin until a bit thick (not as fine as a pancake).
- Paint the galette with ghee.
- Roll in sugar mixture and cinnamon or poppy
- Roll the pancake on itself like a big pancake (sugar inside), by stretching it a bit while rolling it, and press it on the weld/edges.
- Fold in half, closing to within, pressing firmly on the end.
- Cut through one side of the fold, but without cutting it in half.
- Transfer to the baking sheet (silicone or greaseproof paper)
- Open up the pliouchka by spreading out the different thicknesses, and press down lightly to smooth wrinkles.....