Added by roonboo | Fri 03 Jul 2009 @ 15:30
A recipe that can easily be altered to suit the mood: can be served as a cold salad or a warm entree.
1 c• chicken stock, preferably homemade
1 c• couscous
4 mild Italian pork sausages
1 c• frozen peas
8 sundried tomatoes packed in oil and chopped
2 or 3 finely chopped green onions
1 to 2 T• basil pesto
1. Boil the chicken stock, remove from heat and add couscous. Ensure you cover your pot at this point!
2. Decase the pork sasuage and fry at a medium-high heat, ensuring you break it up as much as possible as you go along.
3. Meanwhile, chop the sundried tomatoes and green onion. Add more or fewer tomatoes to suit your taste. Set aside.
4. When pork sausage is cooked, add couscous and give it a good stir to combine all ingredients.
5. At this point, you have a choice: add the peas to warm them up and serve the dish as an entree, or remove the works from the stove and put it all in a bowl with the peas still frozen to make a cold salad.
6. Add chopped sundried tomatoes, green onions, and pesto. Mix well and enjoy.