Added by AshRedcomm | Wed 28 Sep 2011 @ 11:32
This is a substantial dish full of South African sunshine, the sweet ClemenGolds tenderise and flavour the meat and the juices add to the salad. Yummy
Juice and zest of one ClemenGold
1 tsp• cracked black pepper
1 tbsp• soy sauce
2 tsp• runny honey
2 x 300/400g pork fillets trimmed
8 spring onions, trimmed
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
2 heads endive
200g cooked new potatoes
50ml olive oil
15ml white wine vinegar
1 tsp• dijon mustard
1. In a baking dish, mix the ClemenGold zest and juice together, then add the soy sauce, honey and black pepper and roll the pork fillet in it. Cover and leave for up to 2 hours.
2. When nearly ready to eat, heat up a frying pan, add a little oil and pan-fry the pork fillets for about 15/20 minutes until cooked throughout and caramelised. Rest for 5 minutes when cooked.
3. While they are cooking heat a griddle pan up until smoking hot, lightly oil the asparagus, potatoes and spring onions and chargrill for about 8 minutes. Then take off and leave to the side
4. Peel the ClemenGolds and then slice into rounds.
5. Trim the endive and break into separate leaves. Then mix all the dressing ingredients together and season.
6. To assemble mix the ClemenGolds, spring onions, potatoes asparagus, endive and dressing together, then slice the pork, and arrange onto serving plates.