Added by maserati4200 | Thu 09 Jul 2009 @ 13:24
Medallions of pork fillet in a ginger wine sauce
For 4 persons:
500g organic pork fillet
300ml ginger wine
75g unsalted butter
salt & freshly gound black pepper
3 tsp green peppercorns (in brine)
1. Cut the pork fillet into medallions about 1cm thick
2. Place the medallions on a sheet of grease-proof paper and place a another sheet over the top. Using a rolling pin, bash the medalions until they have flattened out and are just under half the original thickness.
3. Heat the butter in a heavy based non-stck pan over a high heat.
4. Cover the medallions in the season flour and, when the butter is sizzling, add the medallions to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until nearly cooked through.
5. Add the ginger wine and simmer untilt the wine thickens and gains a rich syrupy consistency.
6. Add the salt and black pepper to taste and the optional green peppercorns.
7. Serve with creamed potato, and petit pois or anything else that takes your fancy.