Potato and pesto Lasagne
Added by Paulie1975 | Fri 24 Jul 2009 @ 10:50
This is a fantastically simple yet really tasty lasagne. Everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe, so I thought I would add it on here for you.
Fresh lasagne sheets
Fresh Pesto (either buy a jar if you are pushed for time, but ideally make your own)
Extra virgin olive oil
Bechamel sauce ingredients
400 ml single cream
Italian salad leaves
1. First off, boil the potatoes until they are soft. I think you are best off with some waxy potatoes that keep their consistency when you slice them later.
2. Next make your pesto. Whizz together in a food processor half a clove of garlic and a good handful of basil. Add a handful of the pine nuts which you need to lightly toast in a hot pan. Add the olive oil gradually until you get a nice consistency and then add in a good handful of fresh ground parmesan.
3. Cook the mushrooms until they are nice and soft and have given up their liquid.
4. Now cook your lasagne sheets as per the instructions.
5. Time to make your bechemel sauce using a standard recipe.
6. Time to build the lasagne. Slice up your potatoes into nice thin slices. Cover the base of the lasagne dish with a layer of pesto, then add a layer of potatoes and cooked mushrooms.
7. Cover with cooked lasagne sheets and then a layer of the Bechemel sauce.
8. Add another layer of pesto, potatoes and mushrooms.
9. Finish with another layer of Bechemel sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
10. Cook in a preheated oven at 200c for 20-25 mins until the top is nice and golden.
11. Serve with a nice Salad and some crusty bread. Amazing.