Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 24 Nov 2009 @ 16:37
8 raw black tiger prawns (tails intact)
1 tsp butter + 1 tsp olive oil for frying
1 glass of white wine
1/2 cup fish stock
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 clove of the garlic, crushed
1 heaped tsp red peppercorns
1 heaped tbsp finely chopped dill
1 tbsp mascarpone
Juice of 1 small lemon
2 tbsp cold butter
Salt and pepper to season
6 crostini to serve (toast on a griddle pan or in a hot oven)
1. First, prepare the sauce. In a small pan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the shallot and garlic till soft.
2. Add the wine,stock and lemon juice to the pan along with the peppercorns and some salt and pepper.
3. Reduce by about 50 % then add the chopped dill. Set aside for now.
4. Fry the prawns in the butter/olive oil mix, till done.Cover and keep warm while you finish the sauce.
5. Reheat the reduced sauce (till hot) then take off the heat and add the butter, whisking the whole time.
6. Add the mascarpone and continue whisking till sauce is smooth.
7. Serve the prawns with the crostini, drizzling with a little olive oil before serving.