Puff pastry tart with potato, tomato and mozzarella
Added by kye in france | Mon 02 Mar 2009 @ 14:13
alternatively, tuna fish can be added or be used to relace the potatoes
1 sheet of puff pastry
8-10 cherry tomatoes
1 mozzarella (125 g)
fresh basil leaves
extra vergin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds, sprinkle with salt and leave to rest for a couple of minutes, with the cut side down.
2. Oil a spring cake form and put the tomatoes on the bottom with the cut side down.
3. Peel and dice the potato, distribute the pieces in empty spaces between tomatoes.
4. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
5. Cover with puff pastry and punch with a fork to allow the steam to get out during baking.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200į C for aprox. 30 mins.
7. Carefully remove the cake from the cake form, turning it upside-down on a plate (puff pastry on the bottom and vegetables on top)
8. Slice the mozzarella and distribute on the top, decorate with fresh basil leaves. Here I modified the recipe by returning the tart to the oven just enough for mozzarella to melt slightly.
10. Another possibility is to add diced ham or tuna fish.