Added by kye in france | Thu 14 May 2009 @ 10:01
You could replace jalfrezi with another Indian simmer sauce such as butter chicken, balti or rogan josh.
Ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
* 350g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
* 350g cauliflower, cut into florets
* 540g jar jalfrezi curry simmer sauce
* 1/2 cup vegetable stock
* 200g baby spinach leaves
* 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
* steamed basmati rice, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
Add pumpkin, cauliflower, simmer sauce and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add spinach and lentils to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and lentils heated through. Serve curry with rice.