Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by cengland
Half the quantity can be made, and cooked in a 16cm x 26cm tin (6 1/4" x 10 1/4").
* Preheat oven to 170 C.
* Grease an oblong tin 21cm x 31cm (8 1/4" x 12 1/4").
* In a large mixing bowl, with a spoon, mix together butter, sugar, flour, coconut, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
* Turn the lump of mixture into the greased tin, dip a hand in flour, and use the floured hand to press the mixture out evenly in the tin.
* Bake in the middle of the oven for about 35 mins, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
* Melt together the chocolate and butter, in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (or in a double boiler).
* Using the back of a spoon, spread chocolate over the slice.
* Leave until the chocolate is set firm enough so that you can cut it, but not too firm so that it cracks when you try to cut it. You should be able to press the chocolate with your finger and not have it smear or squash. If necessary (in a hot climate or room), refrigerate it for a little while.
* To cut the slice, use a sharp knife, repeatedly dipped in hot water in a cup, and dried off with a teatowel (the heat of the knife picked up from the hot water helps in cutting the set chocolate). Cut the slice into small pieces.
* Remove the pieces from the tin, and store in an airtight container (in the fridge in a warm climate).