Added by Chef Lucas ZA | Fri 17 Jul 2009 @ 18:13
three types of meat in one
• 1 x 1.5 Kg De-boned leg of lamb (marinated in white Wine Rosemary, Sage• Parsley and thyme.)
• 1x 1Kg Beef Fillet
• 800 g Smoked Gammon/Ham
• 200g bone marrow
• 500g Cheddar cheese
• 300g Sautéed onions and mushrooms
• 100g butter
• 50g Rosemary
• 50 g Thyme
• 50g Parsley
• 50g Sage
• Salt and pepper to taste
• One cooking net
1. Butterfly the Leg of lamb in to a even thickness.
2. Butterfly the beef fillet in the same manners as leg of lamb.
3. Slice the smoked gammon into 3mm thick slices.
4. slice the cheddar cheese into 3mm slices
5. Sauté the onions and mushrooms in a little butter until soft and tender and salt to taste.
6. Grill the Leg of lamb until soft and tender but do not over cook as it has to go back into the oven later.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Basting with wine marinade to prevent it drying out.
8. Repeat the process with the butterflied Beef Fillet until fillet is medium rare.
9. place leg of lamb on the table with the “fatty” side down (outside to the bottom)
10. Spread the bone marrow evenly over the lamb.
11. Cover the bone marrow with ½ the mushroom and onion mix.
12. Place on top of this a layer of sliced gammon/ ham.
13. Place on top of the gammon a layer of cheese.
14. Place on top of the cheese the Beef fillet.
15. On top of the fillet place the remaining onion and mushroom mix.
16. Another layer of cheese and finally a last layer of gammon/ham.
17. Take the side of the lamb that was originally inside the leg of lamb and re-roll the leg of lamb being careful to retain the structure of beef, gammon, and cheese. It must end up looking like a Swiss Roll.
18. Place the roulade in the cooking net.
19. Place the whole roulade in an oven dish and place in the oven at 130º Celsius for 25 min allowing the cooking of the meats to complete and the cheese to melt.
This dish serves about 8-12 persons and is sliced as is a Swiss roll.