Added by princesslolypop | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp groundnut oil
1 Rabbit, jointed
100g plain flour, seasoned
250g unsmoked Bacon, sliced
1 large onion, finely sliced
2 sticks Celery, finely sliced
2 tbsp Cider vinegar
200ml sweet cider
2 Bay leaves
large bunches Thyme
Method 1. Heat the butter and oil in a large casserole. Add the bacon and fry until its fat runs.
2. Roll the rabbit pieces in seasoned flour and add to the casserole to brown on all sides.
3. Add the onion and celery to the pan fry until the onion is soft. Dust in a little more flour and stir.
4. Turn up the heat and add the cider vinegar. Allow to bubble up, then add the cider and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook gently for about 1 ľ hours, until the meat is very tender.
5. Remove the meat from the pan, and boil the juices until reduced to the consistency you would like.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the meat back into the sauce with the bunch of thyme. Let it sit in a warm place for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse before serving:p