Ras Malai - Cheese Balls Soaked In Cream Sauce
Added by Arunadevi | Thu 15 Apr 2010 @ 01:36
This is a recipe made with paneer, an Indian homemade cheese, but you can also replace it for ricotta cheese. Hope you like it.
2 lbs ricotta cheese or Paneer
1/2 cup sugar
5 cups milk
4 tbs thick cream
4 drops almond essence
600 ml water
1/2 cup blanched almonds
2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
* Knead the cheese and make balls.
* Boil the other ingredients for 20 minutes and add the cheese balls in it.
* Cook for over 10 minutes.
* When you touch the balls and they are soft, means its done.
* Decorate the rasmalai with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.