Added by JamJarTrifle | Sun 30 Oct 2011 @ 15:38
These muffins are amazing. There based on a recipe in Nigella Lawson\'s \'How to be a Domestic Goddess\', except that we removed the juice a zest of a lemon that was in the original recipe, just because we didn\'t have any lemons in the house. The raspberries undergo an incredible transformation after baking, the go soft and gooey and amazing. Just try it, you will not be disappointed.
-200g plain flour
-2 tsp of baking powder
-1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
-150g caster sugar
-a pinch of salt
-120 ml of milk
-1 large egg
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, or gas mark 6.
2) Melt the butter in the microwave, and set it aside to cool.
3) In a large bowl, stir together the flour, the baking powder, the bicarb, sugar, and salt. In a measuring jug, beat together the milk, the egg and the melted butter.
4) Pour into the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
5) Fold in the raspberries, but don\'t mix them to much, or the mixture will turn pink.
6) Put paper muffin cases in a muffin tray. Then , spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
7) Bake for 25 mins.
8) Serve, they are excellent.