Added by Allora Andiamo | Mon 02 Nov 2009 @ 09:47
Crumbly, butter flavoured cookie sandwiches filled with raspberry jelly. You could use different flavoured jellies if you prefer :-)
Makes 22 finished cookies
270g plain flour
80g finely ground almonds
120g icing sugar + a little extra for sprinkling
2 egg yolks (medium egg)
200g softened butter
1 little packet of real bourbon vanilla sugar (or use a vanilla pod)
150g raspberry jelly or jam
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a large bowl whisk together the butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Gently beat in the egg yolks and vanilla sugar/vanilla pod seeds.
3. Sift the flour into the mixture then add the finely ground almonds. Pull the mixture together with your hands and form into a ball (try not to handle it too much). Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm then place in the fridge for about 30 mins to firm up.
4. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough (about 3mm thick). Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out 44 circles (you will need to re-roll the dough scraps).
5. Using a tiny cutter (or a small screwtop bottle lid) cut a hole in 22 of the cookies.
6. Place the cookies on two baking trays which have been lined with baking parchment and bake at 150C for about 10-12 mins. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don\'t start to brown too much. They may appear soft when you take them out but they will crisp up once they\'ve cooled down completely.
7. Filling : Heat the raspberry jelly/jam and the lemon juice till just hot. Spread about 1 tsp of the mixture onto a cookie (without hole) then top with another cookie (with hole) pressing it down very gently.
8. Once you\'ve filled all of the cookies, sprinkle with a little icing sugar to finish.