Rice Stuffing with 'Baharat'
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
1 small onion,finely chopped
2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
30g pine nuts
50g walnuts, chopped
50g basmati rice
1 heaped tsp of Baharat Spice (see blog recipe for 'Egyptian Baharat Spice Mix)
Salt to season
1. Over a low heat, fry onions in ghee/oil till opaque.
2. Add the pine nuts, walnuts and raisins/sultanas and fry for about another 2 mins.
3. Add the Baharat spice mix and a little salt then continue frying gently for a minute or so.
4. Add the rice to the pan, then add 250ml of water to the rice mix, cover and cook over a low heat for 10mins, making sure all of the water has evaporated.
5. Allow to cool before using as a stuffing for a whole roast chicken, which has been rubbed with Baharat Spice Mix before baking.