Added by shammrok | Tue 23 Jun 2009 @ 00:36
Baby peas, prawns and risoni with a fresh lemony flavour.
2 cloves of garlic grated.
1 chilli finely chopped
olive oil, for frying.
500 gm risoni
750 gm green prawns, peeled, and deveined
1 1/2 cups chicken stock.
1 1/2 cups white wine
Juice and zest of one lemon.
100 gm butter, cubed
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 cup frozen baby peas.
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a rapid boil. Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and then the risoni.
Stir to prevent the risoni from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan. Boil for 8 minutes or until al dente.
Drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 teaspoons of the remaining olive oil. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, fry off the garlic and chilli in a little butter in a large pan.
Then add some olive oil to the pan and turn up the heat and
add the prawns and toss for 2-3 minutes or until prawns change colour and are just cooked.
Using a slotted spoon remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the stock and the white wine to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1 ĺ cups. Add the peas and heat through.
4. Meanwhile, zest the lemon, squeeze and reserve juice.
5. Add the butter and parsley to the reduced stock, wine and peas and stir over low heat until butter is melted.
Remove from heat and then add the risoni with the prawns, lemon zest and juice. Toss to combine.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed.
Serve topped with grated pecorino cheese and enjoy!