Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Place the flour and the salt in a large bowl. Cut the butter into small cubes then add to the flour.
2. Rub the flour and butter between your fingers till the mixture resembles large breadcrumbs.
2. Add the water, continue mixing, then knead gently into a ball. Place in the fridge for about 15 mins.
3. In the meantime, grease a tart/flan dish (approx 24cm) and preheat oven to 180C.
4. Roll out the pastry and lay in the dish . Trim the edges.
5. Cover the pastry base with some greaseproof paper then fill with dried beans or peas.
6. Pre-bake the pastry case for about 12 mins, then remove from the oven (remove the paper and beans).
7. Whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic and cheese and season with a little salt and black pepper.
8. Place the pepper slices in the tart crust, spreading them out evenly. Sprinkle with the torn basil.
9. Pour the egg/cheese mixture over the peppers then bake in a pre-heated oven (180C) for approx.30-35mins.