Roast Pepper and Feta Salad
Added by Allora Andiamo | Fri 02 Jul 2010 @ 17:48
One of my favourite summer salads :) Makes a nice light supper or lunch served with some crusty bread.
approx.150g feta cheese,cut into cubes or break into small chunks
3 small bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
1 small red onion, finely sliced
Small handful of kalamata olives
1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
A few sprigs each of oregano & thyme
A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil & white wine vinegar/white balsamico
1. Roast the peppers (dry) in a very hot oven till skins have blackened. Pop them into a plastic freezer bag, seal, then leave them to \'steam\' for a few minutes too help loosen the skins.
2. Peel then remove the seeds and cut the peppers into wide strips (approx.1inch).
3. Arrange the salad ingredients on a large flat plate, sprinkling with the herbs and garlic.
4. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and a little white wine vinegar/white balsamico.
5. Allow the salad to marinate for 30 mins before serving. You can add salt if you need to but i find the feta is salty enough ;)