Added by NOE78 | Sun 23 Jun 2013 @ 10:45
This recipe is delicious. Is very easy to prepare, your guest will love! Happy weekend.
For biscuit base
- 225 gr butter at room temperature
- 240 gr powdered sugar (you can substitute part of icing sugar for brown sugar)
- 1 medium egg (if small egg use 1 egg plus one yolk)
- Essence to taste (vanilla, lemon, almond ...)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 420-430 gr all purpose flour.
For the jam (adapted from the book Jams and Preserves Christian Teubner)
- 275 g ripe strawberries.
- 200 g preserving sugar
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the whipped cream and cheese
- 300 gr whipping cream
- 150 gr mascarpone cheese
- 90 gr of icing sugar.
Instructions for biscuit base
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. First sift the flour with salt and reserve
2. With electric beater or robot, will beat the butter until we left with a smooth, soft texture.
3. Then add the sugar and will beat until mixture is fluffy.
4. Then add the egg, mix well until it is integrated and add the essence.
5. We gradually adding the sifted flour we have previously (in two or three times) and we integrate until dough is firm and we are sticking. If we find that we need to go adding more flour gradually.
6. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes (while we collect the kitchen), wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days (can be frozen), when we go to use out of the fridge a few minutes before and proceed to stretch the dough between two silicone mats or parchment paper between.
7. Once the chilled dough stretched again in the fridge.
8. At 30 minutes remove and proceed to pass the mold chosen for the cake, you have to be careful here, because it is a very fragile mass that you can break
9. Bake between 10/12 minutes, until begin to brown, leave the oven off a few minutes to crisp.
Instructions for strawberry jam
1. We clean the strawberries and remove the tail green, cut into pieces and crush with a fork, we turn to saucepan and add the sugar, zest and lemon juice and cook over low heat continuously move around 1 or 1.5 hours will have to be controlling the thickness point, I\'ve had exactly half an hour. If you have baking poned all ingredients in the bowl and jams select the program, which lasts 1 hour and 20 minutes, open the tray, looked thick point is right and if we get the jam.
2. With these ingredients we get about 450 gr. jam, so we keep the store in jars and if we do not consume right away we have to sterilize. For this boil the jar (or jars) elected in hot water with the opening facing down, when we removed a few minutes and reserve boiling above a clean cloth, dry it and when we have finished our jam, pass to pasteurization, for that , will have the jam into jars, give a knock (vibration) to remove air bubbles form and we\'ll be back in a pan, pot ... with enough water to cover them halfway, boil a few minutes uncovered for an end to expel the air and cover, we have between 20 and 40 minutes (depends on size of jar) from starting to boil and turn off the heat. Let stand and took, put them face down on a cloth to drain and when cool, and we can keep in the pantry. We know that we packed well, if the lid does not yield, and to open for the characteristic \"plop\" preserved.
Instructions for whipped cream cheese
1. Beat the cream and cheese until it begins to set, then add the sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff.
1. We have over the biscuit base a thin layer of jam (homemade or purchased), let cool a bit in the fridge and then distribute the cream with a pastry (I used tip # 12 of wilton)
2. take approximately 300 grams of strawberries (it should be the same size), cleaned and cut the tail green, split him in half and have started over cream and cream cheese.
3. To decorate I have used powdered sugar, but you can leave them as is, cover with gelatin, with a bit of chocolate, well, as you like best. That if, if you decide to decorate with icing sugar, do it at the time of serving, otherwise it will absorb strawberries and not appreciated.
4. And .... to eat!!