Added by hoppershaun | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
2 salmon fillets
100g japanese rice
3 tbsp sake
3 tbsp mirin
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp groundnut oil
1. Mix the sake, mirin and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the rice as per packet instructions. Keep warm.
3. Heat the groundnut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and cook the fillets for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
4. Remove the salmon and pour off any excess fat from the pan. Pour in the marinade and reduce by about half. Put the salmon back in the pan and shake to
cover with the reduced marinade.
5. To serve, slice the salmon and place next to a pile of rice. Drizzle around any excess marinade.