Added by hoppershaun | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
12 queen scallops
2 small handfuls of rocket leaves
50g pancetta cubes
1 tsp english mustard
5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to
1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a bowl, add the mustard. Gradually whisk in 3 tbsp of olive oil and then whisk in the lemon juice.
2. Place a small handful of rocket leaves in the centre of two plates. Drizzle over a little olive oil.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the pancetta and fry until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and sprinkle the pancetta over the rocket leaves. Wipe the frying pan clean.
4. Add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan and heat over a medium-high
heat. Season the scallops with salt and then fry in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden.
5. Surround the rocket leaves with the scallops and little blobs of the mustard.