Added by VegRecipeClub | Fri 13 Jan 2012 @ 10:17
This Sea Spicy Tofu recipe is in honour of the many times I have enjoyed this dish in Chinese restaurants. Here the tofu has been fryed in hot oil in a frying pan - but for a real authentic-treat deep fry it instead and even dip it in a light tempura batter first!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
450g/15 oz firm tofu
1 red chilli, finely chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Serve with soya or tamari sauce or sweet chilli sauce
1. Heat the oil in your saucepan until it\'s pretty hot - you want the tofu to sizzle when it hits the oil.
2. Add in all the tofu cubes, followed by the chilli and spring onion.
3. Allow the cubes to cook for a few minutes before turning; the idea is that all sides of the tofu become crispy and golden!
4. As you are cooking add a couple of good pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately when the tofu is nicely browned and smelling amazing!
Recipe by the Vegetarian Recipe Club Ė from Viva! and the Vegetarian & Vegan Foundation. For more great Vegan recipes visit www.vegetarianrecipeclub.org.uk.