Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by VictoriaD
2. Fry the meat quickly until brown on both sides. Season. Put aside.
3. Pour 2 cups of water into the frying pan where you have just fried the meat. Whisk to get all the nice flavour into the gravy.
4. In an ovenproof pot (iron pot), put the potatoes, the onion and the meat in layers. Season lightly the potato layers.
5. Add the gravy, the bottle of beer and the bay leaf to the pot. Put the lid on and let the casserole come to a boil on the stove. Then, put in into the oven, 200 degrees, for about 45-60 minutes, until the meat is tender and the potatoes are done.
6. Before serving, sprinkle some chopped parsley on top, and serve the Sjömansbiff really HOT together with pickled cucumber and a chilled beer... Lovely!