Added by mari_ | Sun 08 Aug 2010 @ 16:22
1 cup jasmine rice
7 cups water
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup corn oil
1/2 cup unsalted slivered almonds
1/2 cup unsalted slivered pistachios
1/2 teaspoon ground saffron, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1/2 cup rose water
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons slivered pistachios
2 teaspoons slivered almonds
1. Pick over and wash rise, changing the water several times.
2. Combine the rice with 7 cups of water in a large pot and bring to boil, skimming the foam as it rises. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes over medium heat until the rice is quite soft.
3. Add the sugar and simmer for 25 minutes longer, stirring occasionally (don\\\'t stir too much). Add the corn oil, almonds, pistachios, saffron water, cardamom and rose water. Mix well.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, removing the cover to stir occasionally, until the mixture has thickened to a pudding. Remove from heat.
5. Immediately spoon the pudding into individual serving dishes or a large bowl. Decorate with cinnamon, almonds, pistachios, or chocolate syrup. Chill in the refrigerator.
6. Serve the pudding cold. Enjoy it! :DDD