Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by javane
2. Rinse the rice under cold water under the water runs clear.
3. Bring the 6 cups of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt and then add the rice.
4. Cook the rice on a low to medium heat until the water has evaporated and the rice becomes mushy. You will need to stir occasionally to avoid any burning. This might take between 45 mins to an hour.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the saffron, rose-water, sugar almonds and cardamom.
6. Return to the lowest heat setting you can, cover and leave to simmer for about another 45 mins or until the pudding is thick and creamy and coats the back of a spoon.
7. Stir it occasionally and you may need to add more water as you go.
* You can continue to cook until the rice becomes completely smooth but we like ours with a little form.
Pour into your serving dish, usually a shallow bowl or into individual bowls if preferred and allow to cool. Garnish with cinnamon and pistachios before serving.
Sholleh Zard should be stored in the fridge and can be kept for between 4 -6 days.