Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Add a little more oil to the pan and gently fry the onions, garlic and chilli till soft.
3. Return the sausages to the pan. Add the fennel and rosemary and fry for a further minute or so.
4. Add the tomato puree and cook, stirring all the time, for about 1 minute.
5. Pour in the wine, turn up the heat and cook till the wine has evaporated slightly (about 2 mins)
6. Add the peas, potatoes and stock to the pan then cover and cook over a very low heat for approx 1 1/4 hours. Check occasionally to make sure the stew isn't drying out, adding a little more stock if necessary. Don't add too much, just enough to keep the dish moist.
7. About 15 mins before the end of cooking, add the chopped fresh basil and check for seasoning.
8. Serve with a little extra chopped basil.
Delicious served with some good crusty bread.