Sicilian style monk fish fillets
Added by rubyrug | Thu 16 Jul 2009 @ 15:53
This recipe is quite simply fishalicious! And oh so simple. Serves 2
1 1/2 oranges
1 small knob butter (about 30g or 1 tsp heaped)
˝ punnet cherry tomatoes
˝ cup Kalamata olives
1 Tbsp capers
1 small handful flat leaf parsley
1 small handful fresh mint leaves
2 monk fish fillets
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for seasoning
dash of olive oil for frying
To make the sauce…
1. Segment 1 orange. Then heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. When butter foams add cherry tomatoes and fry until skins start to break open. Add olives, capers, herbs, orange segments and squeeze in juice of ˝ lemon and ˝ orange.
2. Stir for a minute or so until the sauce has emulsified. Turn off heat and reserve whilst you cook the fish.
To cook the fish…
1. Season fish fillet with salt & pepper on both sides.
2. Heat oil in frying pan to moderate/high heat and cook for a few mins on each side.
3. Plate up fillets and spoon over a generous amount of the sauce.