Simmering Sundaly Lamb Stew
Added by kezzie | Thu 25 Jun 2009 @ 14:47
A yummy way to use up leftover lamb. Perfect for a lazy Sunday supper.
* 1 lb cooked lamb, diced
* 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
* 3 large sweet potatoes, cut in thick slices
* 1/3 cup dried currant
* 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
* 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
* 1 cup red wine
* 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
* 1 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary, chopped
* 2 tablespoons curry powder
* 1 teaspoon ground pepper
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in bottom of dutch oven on med-high heat.
2. Add ginger, garlic and cooked lamb and stir until lamb is heated through.
3. Add all other ingredients and stir well.
4. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 hours, or until onions and sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Taste and adjust herbs and spices according to your preference.
6. Serve with crusty bread and a rich Cabernet Sauvignon (grape juice for the kids!).