Simple Dill Sauce (Bechamel base)
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 15 May 2010 @ 18:44
Delicious served with poached, grilled or pan fried fish.
1 heaped tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of flour
approx.300ml of milk
approx• 50ml of light cream (or soya cream)
3 - 4 tbsp chopped dill
A small pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to season
1. In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter then sprinkle the flour into the pan.
2. Cook the mixture over a gentle heat for a few minutes, stirring it regularly.
3. Gradually pour in the milk , whisking the mixture thoroughly the whole time.
4. Cook the sauce over a gentle heat for approx. 5-6 minutes and continue whisking till
the sauce is smooth and glossy.
5. Add the cream, dill, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook for another minute or two before serving.