Simply Delicious Steak Marinade
Added by chefs_daughter3 | Mon 22 Jun 2009 @ 21:29
I live in cattle country, so beef has become a huge mainstain of the local diet. I have tried alot of different marinades and rubs to add new flavors to my steak. This one came through a fluke experimentation that turned out fabulous.
2 Baseball cut sirloin steaks (or any other tender cut steak)
2 tsp Kosher salt
4 Whole black peppercorns
1 Small green onion
1 Clove of garlic
1 tsp dried Marjoram
1 tsp dired Savory
2 tsp fresh Rosemary
1 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt (I like Back Eddy\'s)
1. Take your steaks and place them in a ziplock bag or an air tight container.
2. Sprinkle all ingrediants evenly over steaks, except oil and vinegar. Rub in.
3. Drizzle just a touch of oil, so that there is no more than a very thin layer on the bottom of the container or bag. (Too much oil will take some flavor away from the steak). Then pour in a generous ammount of balsamic vinegar (about 1 1/2 times the ammount of oil).
4. Place in the fridge. Shake container or smush bag every couple of hours. Marinate for as little as 2 hours or as much as 24 (It\'s up to you and your alotted time).
5. Cook in a heated grill pan or on the bbq to desired doneness and enjoy!