Added by SteveMGreen | Fri 07 May 2010 @ 04:23
Smoked ocean trout with tomatoes, basil and pasta. Simple, quick and tasty! Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes ( Serves 3 )
250g Pappardelle pasta
200g Smoked Ocean Trout, cut into little chucks
1 Punnet Grape Tomatoes, each cut in half
Bunch of Fresh Basil, broken up by hand
2 tsp Capers
2 cloves Garlic, cut thinly
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grana Padano cheese, shaved
1. Add 2 litres of water to a large saucepan or pot with about 1-2 tsp salt, heat on high.
2. Meanwhile heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan, add garlic and lightly cook. Careful not to burn garlic.
3. Add smoked trout, tomatoes and capers and just warm through on a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. When water boils add pasta.
5. Add basil to trout and tomato mixture and just heat through, add a sprinkle of olive oil. Keep stirring.
6. Cook pasta for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander. I like to sprinkle a little olive oil on at this stage and give it a mix.
7. Transfer pasta to large serving bowl and top with smoked trout mixture.
8. Serve immediately topped with shaved grana.
You can use any smoked fish with this dish. Smoked Salmon would work just as well.
The cooking time I gave for the pasta is under what is normally recommended. The pasta should be al dente.
If you can\'t get Pappardelle pasta, any thick ribbon pasta like tagliatelle is good.
Parmigiano reggiano cheese can be used instead of grana padano, failing that any good parmesan cheese will do.