Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by SteveMGreen
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes
( Serves 3 )
2. Meanwhile heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan, add garlic and lightly cook. Careful not to burn garlic.
3. Add smoked trout, tomatoes and capers and just warm through on a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. When water boils add pasta.
5. Add basil to trout and tomato mixture and just heat through, add a sprinkle of olive oil. Keep stirring.
6. Cook pasta for 5 minutes. Drain in a colander. I like to sprinkle a little olive oil on at this stage and give it a mix.
7. Transfer pasta to large serving bowl and top with smoked trout mixture.
8. Serve immediately topped with shaved grana.
You can use any smoked fish with this dish. Smoked Salmon would work just as well.
The cooking time I gave for the pasta is under what is normally recommended. The pasta should be al dente.
If you can't get Pappardelle pasta, any thick ribbon pasta like tagliatelle is good.
Parmigiano reggiano cheese can be used instead of grana padano, failing that any good parmesan cheese will do.