South Indian Lamb Couscous
Added by Pataks | Mon 09 May 2011 @ 10:01
Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
For the Lamb:
2 - 3 tbsp Patak\'s Madras Paste
1 onion, finely chopped
450g lean diced lamb
200g canned tomatoes, drained
handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
For the Couscous:
100ml boiling water
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
5 sprays of one cal oil
2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
6 baby courgettes, sliced in half lengthways
sea salt and black pepper
1. Dry fry the onion for three minutes in a large wok or non-stick frying pan, adding a splash of water to prevent the onion from burning. Stir in the Patak\'s Madras Paste and allow it to sizzle for one minute.
2. Stir in the lamb and toss well to coat. Add the tomatoes and water, stir and cover with a lid and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Season and pour over 100ml boiling water. Stir once and cover with a clean tea towel. Leave to stand for 15 minutes and then fluff up with a fork.
4. Heat a non-stick pan or ridged griddle pan and spray with the oil. Add the peppers and courgettes and sear until they have browned. Add the mustard seeds and toss until they start to jump and pop. Fold into the couscous.
5. Drain off and reserve any excess sauce from the lamb. Fold the meat into the cousous mixture, add the coriander and serve the dish drizzled with the excess sauce.