Soy Bean Sprouts with Shiitake Mushrooms
Added by gourmeted | Tue 30 Mar 2010 @ 00:49
A healthy and flavorful vegetable dish that\'s ready in a few minutes.
- soy bean sprouts (or mung bean sprouts if you canít find them); Iíd say do a 4:1 ratio of sprouts and mushrooms
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced about 1/4″ in thickness (about 1.5 packed cups when sliced)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- olive oil
1. Saute onion with ground pepper and a pinch of salt in a medium pot (big enough for the sprouts) with oil heated in medium-low heat. Do that for about 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and saute for another minute.
2. Add oyster sauce and sliced mushrooms, saute for a minute then add water. Turn heat up to medium and wait to boil, and allow it to do so for 2 minutes to let the mushrooms cook.
3. Once it boils, pour in the washed soy bean sprouts. Mix it with the rest of the boiling ingredients. Toss it regularly and cook until the stems start to become translucent. You can grab a sprout and taste it for your desired crunchiness. Add salt to taste.
4. Serve on its on or with rice.