Spaghetti with Chanterelles and Bacon
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sun 06 Sep 2009 @ 13:38
approx 180g spaghetti (or linguine,tagliatelle etc)
3 handfuls of small chanterelle mushrooms (cleaned)
4 slices of streaky bacon, cut into small strips
1 clove of garlic,chopped
3/4 cup of dry white wine
3/4 cup of single cream
about 2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to season
A little olive oil for frying
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
2. Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon till it just starts to brown.
3. Toss in the mushrooms and the garlic and fry over a medium heat for a further 2- 3 mins.
4. Pour in the wine and cook over a medium heat till about 1/2 of the wine has evaporated.
5. Add the cream and parsley to pan and cook for a few minutes, reducing the sauce a little. Season with some salt and black pepper.
6. Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss over a low heat for a minute or so, to allow the pasta to soak up some of the sauce.
7. Serve with a little grated parmesan cheese.