Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 18 Feb 2009 @ 17:41
approx• 170g spaghetti
10-12 raw prawns, peeled
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
about 4 tbsp finely chopped basil
1 tbsp of olive oil
120ml single cream (or \'light\' cream)
2 tbsp Pernod
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the prawns gently till they turn pink on both sides. Add the garlic and fry gently for about a minute.
2. Season with a little salt and pepper
3. Add the Pernod to the pan and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the single cream and basil to the pan and heat the sauce very gently for a couple of minutes. Taste for seasoning.
5. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan, mixing well, then serve immediately.
You can serve the spaghetti with some finely grated parmesan if you like but I prefer mine just as it is :)