Spiced Banana Muffins
Added by JamJarTrifle | Sun 30 Oct 2011 @ 16:30
This recipe just shows how decent spices can make the difference in a food. You might have to grind whole cloves yourself, but it\'s worth it. You could add chocolate chips, or use nutmeg instead of cinnamon. In fact, this is quite a basic recipe, so you can play around with it a bit.
-2 large ripe bananas
-75g soft brown sugar
-4 tablespoons sunflower oil
-200g Self Raising flour
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius, or gas mark 5. Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin case tin. Mash the bananas.
2) Add the sugar and oil to the bananas. Mix until combined, but still slightly lumpy (it\'ll probably look a bit unappetising most of the war, but it\'s fine.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the egg, and then mix it into the banana-sugar mix.
4) Then add the milk, and mix until combined.
5) Fold in the flour and the ground spices until combined, but it may look a bit lumpy, so do not overmix.
6)Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases.
7) Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the muffins have browned, and are springy to the touch.
8) Leave to cool, and serve.