Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
1. Sift the flour, spices and salt together.
2. Add the butter to the bowl and rub it into the flour.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well. If you're using a machine to prepare the dough, knead using a dough hook for about 4-5 mins, otherwise knead by hand for approx 15mins, till smooth and elastic (sprinkle with a little extra flour if necessary)
4. Clean the bowl then coat with a little oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with oiled clingfilm and a clean tea towel then place in a warm place to rise (approx 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size).
5. Remove the dough then knead gently for just a couple of minutes. Pop a tea towel over it whilst you prepare the tin.
6.Coat the inside of the tin with a little bit of melted butter (it'll help the parchment to stay in place) then line the tin with baking parchment (sides and bottom) .
7. Place the dough in the tin , cover again then allow to prove for about 30mins. The dough should rise to the top of the tin (almost).
8. Bake the cake at 200C for about 10mins then reduce the heat to 180C and bake for a further 50-55 minutes. If it starts getting too browned, cover with a dome of foil.
9. Allow to cool down slightly then remove from the tin,place on a grid and allow to cool completely.