Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
approx 300ml red wine
Rind of 1 orange
Rind of 1 clementine
1 star anise
2 cinammon sticks
4 allspice berries
1. Wash and sort the cranberries making sure you get rid of any damaged ones.
2. Put the wine and spices into a large saucepan and heat gently (don't let it boil) for about 10 mins.
3. Remove from the heat and leave it to rest for about 1 hour to intensify the flavour.
4. Remove the rinds and spices then reheat, adding the sugar.
5. Cook gently till the sugar has melted and the mixture is a little syrupy.
6. Add the cranberries and cook for about 10mins (or until the cranberries have all popped open) then pour into sterilsed jars and seal well.
7. Store in a cool, dark place (i keep mine in the fridge)