Spiced Griddled Chicken with Couscous Salad
Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 27 Jun 2009 @ 17:21
Chicken breasts marinated with spices,chilli & garlic and served with a lemon & herb spicy couscous salad. You can serve this dish with an extra dollop of yoghurt if you wish.
2 cups of cooked couscous
1/2 small onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 med sized tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
1 small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
about 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp harissa
120ml plain yoghurt
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice from 1 small lemon
Grated zest from 1 small lemon
Salt and pepper to season
4 chicken breasts, sliced horizontally into 2 slices
1.5 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground hot chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
Pinch of cinnamon
Salt & pepper to season
1. First, marinade the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the chicken and rub it into the flesh. Leave to sit for a couple of minutes before adding the rest of the marinade ingredients.
2. Cover then place in the fridge and allow to marinade for at least 1 hour.
3. In the meantime prepare the couscous salad. Place all of the salad ingredients (except the couscous) into a large bowl and mix well.
4. Add the couscous to the dressing, mix well then place in the fridge to allow the flavours to mingle (about 1 hour).
5. To cook the chicken breast, heat a griddle pan without oil, till its very hot then cook the chicken slices for about 3-4 mins each side, making sure they\'re cooked through.
6. Serve with the couscous salad.