Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by AshRedcomm
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric hand whisk in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each addition to keep the mixture smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, blend the persimons with a hand blender and stir into the butter and sugar mixture.
4. Sift in the remaining flour and the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into the bowl and fold in with the ground almonds. Stir in the pecans and lemon zest.
5. Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the cake tin and place in the preheated oven.
6. Bake for around 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
7. While the cake is in the oven, make the caramel sauce. Add the sugar into a pan, stir in the water, then place over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
8. Turn up the heat and bubble for 4-5 minutes until the liquid has darkened to a caramel colour. Take off the heat and carefully stir in the cream and butter.
9. When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then turn it out onto a platter and arrange the persimon slices on top.
10. Serve warm with the caramel sauce drizzled on top and a dollop of crème fraîche.